Avis UK has today announced it is now preferred car rental partner to Advantage Business Travel, following the three year renewal of its longstanding partnership.
The leading car rental company has enjoyed preferred partner status with the group for over 10 years, but in recognition of its ongoing commitment to provide Advantage’s 300 UK members with the best service possible, Avis is now preferred partner. During the partnership Avis has provided training and guidance in sales, products and booking tools.
The extended deal will allow Avis to continue focusing on growing the volume of car rentals booked via Advantage’s members, whilst also utilising the recently expanded Avis business travel team, to fulfil the training and account management requirements on the Advantage account.
Anthony Ainsworth, Commercial Director at Avis UK, added: “This long term agreement demonstrates Avis' ongoing commitment to our key business travel partners. Advantage Business Travel is one of the largest and influential travel groups in the UK, so to be awarded the position of number one car rental provider is an achievement we are hugely proud of. It is, we believe, testament to our hard work and efforts to fulfil the We Try Harder spirit that underpins our entire business."
Ken McLeod, Corporate Director at Advantage Business Travel, commented: “Advantage Business Travel is delighted to have signed a further three year commercial agreement with Avis. With the introduction of new technology we aim to significantly grow our car rental market, and Avis is key to helping us establish that expected increase. With the additional focus and support that both we and Avis provide our members, we fully expect to achieve our targets despite the economic difficulties that the next couple of years may present.”
For more information, please contact the Avis Press Office on 0207 025 6666 or email@example.com
• Avis UK were the first car rental company in the UK to launch a blog in 2006 www.wetryharder.co.uk
• Avis UK offer a low emission car group, the Avis Eco offers car with emissions below 110 g/km.
• Avis UK have over 100 locations across the UK and are located at the majority of passenger airports.
• Avis Europe operates across four continents via a network of over 2,800 locations in 109 countries, through wholly owned subsidiaries in 13 corporate countries complemented by licence arrangements in a further 96 countries.
• CSR is an integral part of the Avis Europe ‘We Try Harder’ philosophy. Avis is committed to reducing the impact its business has on the environment and has been awarded CarbonNeutral® operation status since 2007. This was achieved through measuring and reducing its CO2 emissions to net zero through internal reduction initiatives such as, introducing more environmentally friendly vehicles into the fleet and through external reduction initiatives, i.e. offsetting.
• Avis is a leading car rental company in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia, where it operates the globally recognised Avis and Budget brands, serving more than 8 million customers each year
• Further details can be found at www.avis.co.uk