Fastest growing car rental company in the UK
Avis becomes the fastest growing car rental company in the UK25/01/2012
Leading car hire firm Avis, today announces that it has become the fastest growing car rental company in the UK and has quadrupled its number of rental locations across the UK in the last 12 months, bringing its total rental location number to 335.
Avis’ growing UK network now includes 29 airport locations and 306 town and city locations, including partnerships with local hotels, golf clubs, leisure centres and managed offices. In addition to these, Avis also operates 46 pick up points at rail stations across the country, providing a taxi service to the nearest rental station.
Anthony Ainsworth, Commercial Director at Avis UK, comments: "A 300% growth of rental locations year-on-year is a massive development for Avis, and moves us a step closer to making quality car hire accessible and convenient to everyone.
"As the fastest growing car rental company in the UK, we are committed to continuing to expand our UK network and hope the new locations will benefit an increasing number of customers by making quality car hire available to more people."
Avis is currently running a New Year sale, offering up to 15% off car across the UK. For more information about Avis, please visit www.avis.co.uk
Additional InformationFor more information, please contact the Avis Press Office on +44 (0)207 025 6666 or email@example.com
- Avis UK were the first car rental company in the UK to launch a blog in 1996 www.wetryharder.co.uk
- Avis UK offer a low emission car group, the Avis Eco offers car with emissions below 110 g/km.
- Avis UK has a total of over 300 locations across the UK and are located at the majority of passenger airports.
- The Avis Europe brand operates across four continents via a network of over 2,800 locations in 109 countries, through wholly owned subsidiaries in 13 corporate countries complemented by licence arrangements in a further 96 countries.
- CSR is an integral part of the Avis Europe ‘We Try Harder’ philosophy. Avis is committed to reducing the impact its business has on the environment and has been awarded CarbonNeutral® operation status since 2007. This was achieved through measuring and reducing its CO2 emissions to net zero through internal reduction initiatives such as, introducing more environmentally friendly vehicles into the fleet and through external reduction initiatives, i.e. offsetting.
- Avis is a leading car rental company in Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia, where it operates the globally recognised Avis and Budget brands, serving more than 8 million customers each year.
- Best Car Rental Business in Europe, and Best Car Rental Business Worldwide in 2010 Business Traveller Awards.
Further details can be found at www.avis.co.uk