Avis open at Heathrow Terminal 5
Avis becomes first car rental company to operate at Heathrow Terminal 5
Passenger transfer time from plane to car reduced by at least 15 minutes
Avis Car Rental today announces the launch of its new location at Heathrow Terminal 5, home to British Airways, making Avis the first car rental company to operate in the new terminal. The new car hire facility will ensure customers experience a swift transition from plane to car and a speedy onward journey.
By renting with Avis at Terminal 5, customers do not have to take a bus to their car rental facility and therefore save an average of15 minutes on travel time*. To make the process even more rapid, customers who are part of Avis' loyalty scheme 'Avis Preferred' will be able to take advantage of the priority desk and conveniently parked cars. On top of this, all three tiers of the loyalty programme are accommodated for at T5:
- Avis Preferred - free to sign up to and allows customers to redeem vouchers and money off on their car rental
- Avis Preferred Plus - allows customers to benefit from upgrades, a free additional driver and puts them as a priority on the waiting list
- Avis President’s Club - allows customers to benefit from the free Preferred line, guaranteed upgrades at airports and train stations (with double upgrades on weekends), free additional driver and guaranteed vehicle availability
A full range of vehicles are available for hire at the terminal, offering leisure travellers and business executives the perfect drive to suit their needs, including:
- Avis Fleet - offering everything from small city cars including the Fiat 500 to people carriers including the Peugeot 5008 for those bigger trips
- Avis Select Series - including the Audi A1, Audi A5 and the new Mercedes-Benz A-Class, perfect for business engagements
- Avis Prestige - including the Range Rover Evoque, Jaguar XF and Porsche 911 Carrera, for those seeking a truly luxurious drive
With British Airways and its partner Iberia exclusively operating at Terminal 5, customers will also benefit from Avis’ partnership with both airlines, earning Avios points on all Avis rentals.
Commenting on the opening, Kaye Ceille, Managing Director, Avis UK, said: "After a long flight we all know how great it is to be able to jump into a car and get to your next destination as quickly as possible. We’re delighted to be opening a new location in time for the busy holiday period and look forward to offering quality, accessible car hire to all our customers seeking a comfortable, convenient and hassle-free travel experience."
Claire Bentley, Managing Director, British Airways Holidays, said: "Avis is our preferred rental partner, as they offer a premium service. We expect this new offering to prove very popular with our customers arriving at Terminal 5."
To find out more about hiring a car from London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5, visit www.avis.co.uk or call 0844 581 0174.
Additional InformationNotes to editors:
*15 minute average bus journey from Terminal 5 to Terminals 1, 2, 3 & 4
For more information, please contact the Avis Press Office:
0207 025 6666 / email@example.com
Avis Car Rental operates one of the world’s best-known car rental brands with approximately 5,200 locations in more than 165 countries.Avis has a long history of innovation in the car rental industry and is one of the world's top brands for customer loyalty. Avis is owned by Avis Budget Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAR), which operates and licenses the brand throughout the world. For more information, visit www.avis.com.