Driving in Ukraine
Road rules of Ukraine
We have put together some key Ukrainian road rules to help awareness of different driving laws in foriegn countries.
These rules are to be used as a guide, please be aware that rules are subject to change and are correct as of November 2012. Please ask your Avis representative if any queries arise.
Please ask your Avis representative about toll charges and road charges before leaving the Avis car hire location and whether snow tyres or chains are needed.
Take a look at our Ukraine location page for ideas, travelling tips and booking information.
Which Side of the Road?
In the Ukraine, please drive on the RIGHT side of the road.
Unique Country Driving Laws
- Do not use horn in a built up area unless in danger.
- In the event of an accident it is compulsory to call the Police and report the accident.
For a standard Avis rental vehicle with no trailers:
- Urban areas: 37 mph (60 km/h)
- Rural areas: 55 mph (90 km/h)
- Motorways: 80mph (130km/h)
Unless indicated by road signs.
Child Safety / Seatbelt Laws
It is compulsory for all inside the vehicle to wear a seatbelt.
- Children under 12 and less than 145cm tall must be seated in the back.
Please ask your Avis representative to help fit your child with the correct child seat.
Compulsory Equipment in your Avis rental car
- First aid kit
- Fire extinguisher
- Warning triangle
Please ask your Avis representative, whether snow tyres are compulsory at the time of your arrival.
- Fire Department