Avis App Step-by-Step Instructions
At Avis we like to keep car hire easy and simple. So we have created a step-by-step instruction guide to assist you when booking your vehicle through the Avis iPhone and Android application.
Avis App homepage
The Avis App homepage provides access to several easy-to-navigate functions.
- Favourite Locations – Save your most used or predefined saved location.
- Book Now – Takes you into reservation step one, where you can enter your quote details.
- My Profile – Get direct access to your profile and edit your personal details and preferences.
- My Bookings – View your booking history and retrieve all bookings made with the App.
- Location Finder (middle map button) – Displays the nearest Avis rental locations to you on a map or list.
Step 1: Choose an Avis location and select a date
The first step in the booking process, from here you can choose where and when you would like your rental.
Please be aware that an advanced booking of 4 hour is required when booking a vehicle.
For location directions, touch the map button
You can search for an Avis location by:
- List – Sort by country, town and then by Avis branch.
- Nearby – Use your phone's GPS function to display the closest Avis locations to you on a map.
- Search box – Type and search for the location where you require a vehicle.
You can enter a rental date using the date selector:
- To enter a date, touch the date field located at the top of the screen
Touch the 'Get a quote' button located at the bottom of the screen to proceed.
Step 2: Select a vehicle and obtain a quote
The second step in the booking process, here you can view a list of car groups available at your chosen Avis location.
- You can sort the list by touching the car icons on the top right hand side of your screen.
- It will categorise and list our cars by small, medium or large size vehicles.
To proceed to the next step, please select the vehicle that you would like to book.
Step 3: Check your booking details
The third step in the booking process, here you can review a booking summary including:
- Vehicle Details – Contains the size, price and an example of the vehicle chosen.
- Price – Details of what is included in your quote
- Rental Details – Includes pick up date, collection date and location selected.
To proceed, press the "Next" button at the bottom of the page.
Step 4: Enter your personal details
Enter your personal details in the fields provided.
- Please read and accept the Terms and Conditions before proceeding.
- Your details will be saved and pre-populated for any future bookings.
Press the "Book now" button to confirm your car hire booking.
Your booking confirmation
Once your booking is confirmed you will be shown the confirmation page. This page will provide your reservation number and a summary of your booking.
- The reservation number can be presented to the rental location on collection of your vehicle.
When collecting your vehicle, please ensure you have a valid:
- credit card
- driving licence
- driving licence counterpart – for UK driving licence holders renting in the UK.
Other Avis App functions
Available from the homepage, this contains useful information such as contact details and location information. It also contains your preferences, favourite destinations as well your predefined details and settings.
This is where your booking details are saved for your reference. You can recall your booking details which will display all the information that was summarised on your confirmation page and included your reservation number.
If you no longer require the vehicle for any reason, you are able to cancel you booking by opening the page and by touching the cancellation button.
Get the Avis App