Avis Preferred loyalty
When you join AVIS Preferred® – you’re our priority
Fast-track service at the counter
As a member you will have access to the perks of our priority service straight away. These are just some of our benefits:
Exclusive access to our newest cars
Pre-prepared rental paperwork
Cars parked in the most convenient spaces in our car park
Exclusive Avis Preferred priority phone and email contacts
Keys and paperwork all waiting for you in your rental car (at selected locations)
Unlock bonus member benefits including free upgrades and free rentals
Avis Preferred is available at over 3,300 locations worldwide - and membership is completely free.Join Now
How to join Avis Preferred:
You can join quickly and easily online – you’ll just need your driving licence and payment card to hand. Once sign-up is completed, you’ll instantly receive your unique customer number via email. We’ll also send your Avis Preferred membership card to you through the post.
Then, when you’re ready to make a booking with us, simply sign in online or quote your customer number over the phone. And you can start to enjoy the perks of our priority service on your next rental.
Please note: if you are an existing Avis Preferred member but don’t have an online account with Avis – or you have an existing Avis online account but haven’t yet joined Avis Preferred – you can sign up and link your accounts here. Just click the ‘I already have an account’ button.
Our three levels of loyalty:With Avis Preferred, the more you rent with us – the more benefits you unlock. We have three levels of membership based on your rental history over the last year, all boasting bigger and better perks as you go.
When you join, you’ll start as an Avis Preferred member, and can potentially rise to our Avis Preferred Plus (hire 5+ vehicles and spend €1,000) and Avis President’s Club tiers (hire 10+ vehicles and spend €2,000) – with each tier rise valid for one year. Find out more in our How It Works section.
A little bonus to get you started: Rent a vehicle with us within two months of first joining Avis Preferred, and we will top-up your Avis Preferred spend history by €100 – to help drive you one step closer to the next membership tier.
Please note: this €100 top-up will be visible on your online loyalty account statement within 5 days of returning your rental vehicle. Offer open to new joiners only and only available on first rental.
Where loyalty lives
If you're renting in one of the countries listed below, all Avis Preferred's loyalty benefits will be available to you.
Please note, if any rentals are missing from your loyalty statement you can claim them here.
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- South Africa
The small print
- Avis Preferred members must make their reservation four hours in advance. Please ensure that your Avis Preferred profile is up-to-date (including an email address).
- Priority on the newest cars is subject to availability, for your chosen rental period, at your destination rental station
- Keys in car service currently available at selected Avis Preferred locations across Europe, USA, Canada and Australia
- Free weekend rentals are valid in the countries specified on your e-voucher for a three-day rental for a mid-size car. This includes fees, mandatory cover and taxes. Fuel, extra services and airport surcharges are not included.
- Free Weekend rentals must be booked via the link given on the voucher
- Single car upgrades are subject to availability for Avis Preferred Plus members. Double upgrades for Avis President's Club members are also subject to availability.
- Upgrades are not eligible with vans, Avis Select Series, Luxury or Prestige cars, or rentals over 14 days.
- Avis President's Club members' single upgrades are guaranteed at airport and railway stations in Europe and at city-centre locations upon availability.
- Avis President’s Club members can bank on getting guaranteed cars on demand with bookings made at least 48 hours in advance.
- Corporate customers: Your travel policy may exclude you from upgrading to the higher tiers of the programme – check with your account manager – but you should sign up to enjoy the Avis Preferred speed of service.
- Partnership customers: Your travel policy may exclude upgrades and free rentals – sign up to enjoy the Avis Preferred speed of service.
- To complete your Avis Preferred application, you just need your driving licence, payment card – and you must comply with the country’s booking terms and conditions.
- Avis Preferred loyalty tier spend can be accrued when hiring standard fleet, Avis Select Series and Avis Prestige vehicles (UK only).