What if I have an accident?
If you are involved in an accident, property damage or injury, you should do the following:
- Call the Avis Roadside Assistance number (0800 200 888 in the UK). If necessary, immediately contact the police in case of third party liability and the emergency services in case anyone is injured.
- Do not leave the vehicle without making sure it is safe.
- Write down names and addresses of all people involved and any witnesses. Never admit liability.
- Fill in the accident form included in your rental papers.
- Under no circumstances should you have the car repaired without prior and formal approval of Avis.
What if I break down or need help on the road?
Renting in the UK
Avis provides free 24 hour Roadside Assistance in case of emergency, breakdown or accident involving your Avis rental car anywhere in the UK. Just call the free phone number provided also on your rental document: 0800 200 888.
Renting outside of the UK
Please check with the staff at the rental location to confirm what breakdown or accident assistance is available. Avis provides free 24 hour Roadside Assistance in case of breakdown or accident involving your Avis rental car anywhere and this service is usually included in your rental.