Car hire in the United Kingdom
There's no better way to see Great Britain than by car
Come city, airport or major town, we’ve got you covered in the UK. Whether you fancy a stealthy car for an urban jaunt, a classy coupé for a romantic road trip or a herculean 4x4 or people carrier for a family holiday, we have the perfect hire car for you. With locations across the entire country we can guarantee you’ll find a car where you need it when you need it.
Scroll down to discover our top United Kingdom car rental locations and pinpoint the best spot to collect and return your hire car. Alternatively, click the button below to let us know where and when you'd like to begin your journey.
The moment you slide into the seat of your rental car of choice is where it all begins. Book with Avis now and get your travels started right here.
We’ll pack all the extras you need to get the most from your venture – from sat nav and super-fast mobile Wi-Fi, to our tailored range of child seats. And, you don’t have to drive full-circle: why not make the most of one way car hire?
Why rent your car with Avis in Great Britain?
Are you looking to quickly and easily navigate the sights and tour the United Kingdom in the car best suited to your trip? Avis is here to help. With an abundance of locations around the UK, at airports and train stations, picking up your hire car is as convenient as can be.
Hiring a car has never been easier, and you get to enjoy a variety of benefits:
- A car for every journey: From premium cars in our luxury Prestige fleet to holiday friendly people carriers and cost-efficient smaller models, we offer a wide variety of cars and deals to provide you with the best car rental experience. With regular fleet updates, your trip will always be accomanied by the latest models on the market.
- Our Rental Agreement: We aim to make our agreement as transparent as possible, no jargon, clear prices and you only have to sign once!
- Avis Delivers: If your residential address is within 40 miles of one of our many locations, you don’t even need to come to us to get your car, we’ll drop it off right at your door and once you’re done, we’ll also come pick it up.
Get the following benefits when you book direct with us:
- Avis Price Promise
You'll always get our best prices when booking on this site, or we’ll refund the difference.
- Peace of mind vehicle cover
Comprehensive Zero-Excess cover means no need to pay or claim.
- VIP Treatment
In some locations, go straight to your car where the keys and paperwork will be waiting.
- Free Cancellation
Cancel with no charge up to 24 hours before pick-up for ‘Pay on Collection’ reservations.
- Speedy collection
Jump the queue with pre-prepared paperwork and your vehicle at the ready.
- Member-only benefits
Unlock money-off vouchers, free weekends, upgrades and inclusive additional driver cover at no extra cost.
Popular airport locations in the UK
- car hire Belfast Airport
- car hire Birmingham Airport
- car hire Bristol Airport
- car hire Cardiff Airport
- car hire Edinburgh Airport
- car hire Gatwick Airport
- car hire Glasgow Airport
- car hire Heathrow Airport
- car hire Luton Airport
- car hire Manchester Airport
- car hire Stansted Airport
- car hire Inverness Airport
- car hire Aberdeen Airport
- car hire Exeter Airport
- car hire Liverpool Airport
- car hire Southampton Airport
- car hire East Midlands Airport
- car hire London City Airport
- car hire Norwich Airport
- car hire Leeds Airport
Popular car hire locations in the UK
- car hire London
- car hire Manchester
- car hire Edinburgh
- car hire Glasgow
- car hire Cardiff
- car hire Leeds
- car hire Belfast
- car hire Exeter
- car hire Inverness
- car hire Bristol
- car hire Liverpool
- car hire Jersey
- car hire Oxford
- car hire Newcastle
- car hire Aberdeen
- car hire Nottingham
- car hire Cambridge
- car hire Sheffield
- car hire Leicester
- car hire Brighton
- car hire Southampton
- car hire Norwich
- car hire Plymouth
- car hire York
- car hire Coventry
- car hire Hull
- car hire Milton Keynes
- car hire Birmingham
- See all car hire locations in Northern Ireland
- See all car hire locations in Scotland
- See all car hire locations in England
- See all car hire locations in Wales
Exploring the United Kingdom
UK Driving GuideWhich side of the road?
- Mobile phones may only be used with a headset or hands-free device
- There is a congestion charge payable when driving in London.
- Use the outside lane to overtake on motorways and dual carriageways, however, only overtake on the right side of the road. Overtaking on the left could result in prosecution for dangerous driving.
- Zebra crossings (black and white stripes on the road) give pedestrians right of way to cross the road
- Urban areas: lowest 20 mph (31 km/h, for congested city centres like central London) and usually 30mph (48km/h)
- Motorways: 70 mph (112 km/h)
- Rural areas: 60 mph (96 km/h).
Unless indicated by road signs.