Rent a car at Exeter Airport
Car Hire Exeter Airport
Not only does our airport location service customers flying into Exeter airport, it is a great location to rent from if you are a local resident looking to get away from the city.
Great public transport links, a close proximity to Exeter city centre and the low traffic levels at the Airport compared to the city, make our highly convenient Exeter airport location perfect for that local business rental or that holiday weekend getaway.
Picking up your hire car at Avis Exeter Airport
Collecting your hire car
If you are flying into Exeter Airport, exit the arrivals hall and turn left and you will find our car hire office right in front of you. Once you have signed off your rental agreement our rental agent will direct you to the location of your car. To leave Exeter Airport turn right and follow the signs for A30/M5.
Returning your hire car
Exit M5 Junction 29 and follow the A30 towards Honiton. Exit the A30 signposted Exeter Airport.
If you are returning your car out of opening hours, please park in the returns section of Car Park 3 and leave the keys in the key drop-off box located right of the Avis Budget car hire office door; the box will be labelled ‘Avis Budget Group’.
The nearest Petrol station is on the M5 Junction 30, Exeter Services.
Address & Contact DetailsExeter Airport, Exeter, EX5 2BD. Tel: 03445446015
|Monday||09:00 - 18:00|
|Tuesday||09:00 - 18:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 18:00|
|Thursday||09:00 - 18:00|
|Friday||09:00 - 18:00|
|Saturday||09:00 - 17:00|
Driving rules in United Kingdom
Which side of the road?
In the United Kingdom, please drive on the left side of the road.
Country driving laws
- Mobile phones may only be used with a headset or hands-free device
- There is a congestion charge payable when driving in London
- Use the outside lane to overtake on motorways and dual carriageways
- Zebra crossings (black and white stripes on the road) give pedestrians right of way to cross the road
All speed signs will be in mph.
For a standard Avis rental vehicle with no trailers:
- Urban areas: 30 mph (48 km/h)
- Motorways: 70 mph (112 km/h)
- Rural areas: 60 mph (96 km/h)
Unless indicated by road signs.
Child safety / Seatbelt laws
- It is compulsory for the driver and all passengers to wear a seatbelt
- Children aged under 12 or less than 135cm tall must be seated in an appropriate child restraint for their size
Please note - It is the child’s parent / guardian or vehicle renter’s responsibility to fit the child seat.
This road rules information is for provided for general guidance only. We endeavour to keep the information up to date and accurate, but any reliance you place on this information is at your own risk.