Rent a car at Stansted Airport
Need car hire at Stansted Airport?
Our Stansted Airport rental station has moved to a brand new car rental village, just a short shuttle bus journey away from the airport's bus and coach station.
The airport coach and bus station is located opposite the main terminal entrance, follow the yellow signs marked 'car hire village' to catch a shuttle bus. Our new address is:
Car Rental Village
Coopers End Road
If you need to return your car when we're closed, your just need to park your rental car in the return bays marked 'Avis Budget', and then leave your keys in the drop box located at the Avis Preferred cabin. It couldn't be simpler.
Address & Contact DetailsLondon Stansted Airport, Coopers End Road, London, CM24 1SJ. Tel: 03445446027
|Monday||06:30 - 23:00|
|Tuesday||06:30 - 23:00|
|Wednesday||06:30 - 23:00|
|Thursday||06:30 - 23:00|
|Friday||06:30 - 23:00|
|Saturday||06:30 - 23:00|
|Sunday||06:30 - 23:00|
Services and optional extras
Avis Preferred: Our customer loyalty programme rewards our loyal customers with a series of benefits. We know your time is precious and that’s why we prepare your paperwork in advance. When you come to our branch, you just need to show your driving licence – we won’t ask for your autograph. Sign up online before you travel – the programme is completely free.
Breakdown assistance: A breakdown in one of our vehicles is highly unlikely but our breakdown assistance service means you can tackle any journey worry-free.
Child seats: If you're travelling with children, make sure you book child seats when you reserve your vehicle.
Satellite navigation: Driving in London can take a bit of getting used to, but with our satellite navigation system it needn't be stressful. Make sure you're on the right road from the word go by requesting this service when you make your booking.
Avis van hire at Stansted airportWhat do you need to shift? Our new van rental fleet spans small hire vans, perfect for that weekend DIY project; medium vans, well suited to hauling rolls of carpet, heavy floor tiles, or moving the kids to university; and large hire vans to accommodate some or all your wordly goods.
When you need to carry big loads and people, our six-seater van is the perfect answer. It comes equipped with rear parking sensors and cruise control for a relaxed driving experience, and boasts a multi-function display, USB ports and a plush interior. Just the job for a family adventure or a work trip.
Discover Avis UK van rentals
Don't forget the London Congestion Charge
This hire station is not in the London Congestion Charge zone but drivers travelling into central London between 7am and 6pm on Monday to Friday will have to pay the charge on a daily basis. Drivers should look out for the Congestion Charge signs en route.
Find out how to pay the charge. We can process the payment on your behalf for the first day of your hire, so you have more time to relax and enjoy the journey. Just let us know when you collect your hire car.
You will see notifications about a charge as you pass through the Dartford Crossing. You don’t need to do anything, or pay the fee in advance, as we will make the payment on your behalf. The crossing fee will be charged to the payment card registered to your rental within 14 days of the authority notifying us of the crossing, with no additional costs included.
Price Per Day Terms & Conditions
- All prices are based on a 7 day rental in a Group A car unless otherwise stated.
- Price below was taken on 06/06/2017.
- London Stansted Airport - based on rental from 23/06/2017 – 30/06/2017 priced at £119.98 giving the price per day of £16.28.
- Booked directly with Avis online or by phone.
- Claims related to damage or theft is subject to a contribution from the renter which can be reduced by purchasing optional waivers.
- Prices will vary by car type, rental length, date and Avis location.
- Renter must meet the applicable Avis age, driver and credit requirements for the rental station you wish to rent from. Minimum age may vary by location.
- All vehicle rentals are subject to availability.
- Cancellation charges apply.
- Avis Booking Terms and Conditions apply to the booking.
- Avis Rental Terms and Conditions apply to the rental.
- Discounts do not apply to fees for one-way charges or optional extras (such as special equipment, additional drivers, optional coverage or pre-paid fuel) nor to mandatory taxes, young driver surcharges, premium location fees, pay-on-return fuel charges or accident, damage or theft processing fees.
- Avis reserve the right to amend the price at any time.
Driving rules in United Kingdom
Which side of the road?
In the United Kingdom, please drive on the left side of the road.
Country driving laws
- Mobile phones may only be used with a headset or hands-free device
- There is a congestion charge payable when driving in London
- Use the outside lane to overtake on motorways and dual carriageways
- Zebra crossings (black and white stripes on the road) give pedestrians right of way to cross the road
All speed signs will be in mph.
For a standard Avis rental vehicle with no trailers:
- Urban areas: 30 mph (48 km/h)
- Motorways: 70 mph (112 km/h)
- Rural areas: 60 mph (96 km/h)
Unless indicated by road signs.
Child safety / Seatbelt laws
- It is compulsory for the driver and all passengers to wear a seatbelt
- Children aged under 12 or less than 135cm tall must be seated in an appropriate child restraint for their size
Please note - It is the child’s parent / guardian or vehicle renter’s responsibility to fit the child seat.
This road rules information is for provided for general guidance only. We endeavour to keep the information up to date and accurate, but any reliance you place on this information is at your own risk.