Drive Avis in the here and nowWe supply a range of devices featuring the two technologies that you can't leave home without - Sat Nav and Wi-Fi. You can choose from :
- Quality GPS devices, offering turn-by-turn instructions wherever in the world you are
- Mobile Wi-Fi, keeping you connected in or out of your hire car and shielding you from roaming or hotel data charges
- Travel Companion Tablet, our new, convenient, All-in-One Solution, giving you double the data of our Wifi devices
Avis Mobile Wi-FiAvis Mobile Wi-Fi provides you with wireless internet access for any Wi-Fi-enabled device. Enjoy the freedom of mobile connectivity in or out of your hire car, without exorbitant roaming or hotel data charges.
Travelling for business?
Turn your hire car into a mobile office, staying in touch with HQ and your clients on the go. Take a break to answer emails, send sizeable presentations or join a video conference.
Driving with kids in tow?
Keep the little ones entertained on long journeys with cartoons streamed onto a tablet or laptop; older children can stay tuned with their Snapchat and Instagram feeds, stream music, watch videos or play online games.
What you get with Mobile Wi-Fi:
- Connectivity for up to five devices at once – laptops, smartphones, tablets or gaming consoles
- 500MB data per day to surf the web, check your emails and update your social networks
Avis GPSGetting lost in the great outdoors can be a stressful experience, especially when time is in short supply. Whether you're on home turf or touring abroad, we can help you along the way with quality portable GPS devices offering turn-by-turn instructions.
"At roundabout, take the third exit"
We offer dependable, easy to use GPS devices with voice prompts, like the Garmin nüvi 54LM, stocked with helpful features like lane guidance, detailed views of tricky junctions and real-time speed camera alerts.*
Mini guides that talk
Our GPS devices are jam-packed with detailed maps of Europe as well as points of interest, like shops, restaurants, heritage sites and attractions – plus nearby hospitals, police stations and petrol stations. You can even unplug your GPS and use it for pedestrian navigation.
*This functionality must be turned off when driving in France
Avis Travel Companion TabletOur new Travel Companion Tablet conveniently comes pre-loaded with everything you need to make your trip as stress-free as possible. No need for multiple devices when you have this nifty little piece of technology.
What you get with Avis Travel Companion Tablet:
- Wifi Hotspot for connecting up to 5 WiFi enabled devices
- 1GB data per day - enough to browse 300 web pages or watch 4 hours of YouTube videos
- Sygic GPS app including real-time parking support
- Google Translate providing translation services for over 100 languages
- TripAdvisor - the "go to" app to find the best places to eat, visit and stay
- XE Currency converting app
Avis Travel Companion Tablet is currently available from selected locations : Birmingham Airport, Edinburgh Airport, Glasgow Airport, Heathrow Airport (all Terminals) and Manchester Airport.
The small print
Avis Mobile Wi-Fi
- Book your Avis Mobile Wi-Fi online at selected locations (see below). Once you have chosen your vehicle, Mobile Wifi can be added under the "Extras" section.
- In the UK, Mobile Wi-Fi cannot be booked for One Way Rentals and works in the pick-up country only.
- In Europe, Mobile Wi-Fi works across borders.
- Mobile Wi-Fi is subject to availability.
Avis Mobile Wi-Fi is available at the locations below
|Aberdeen Airport||Birmingham Airport||Bristol Aiport|
|Cardiff Airport||East Midlands Airport||Edinburgh Airport|
|Exeter Airport||Gatwick Airport||Glasgow Airport|
|Heathrow Airport||Leeds/Bradford Airport||Liverpool Airport|
|London City Airport||London Euston||London St Pancras|
|London Victoria||London Waterloo||Luton Airport|
|Manchester Airport||Newcastle Airport||Stansted Airport|
- Avis GPS is available at all Avis stations within the UK and comes in a range of satellite navigation devices.
- Reserve Avis GPS while booking online; you’ll find it under “Extras”.
- Alternatively, reserve your sat nav from our call centre or add one to an existing reservation by calling our reservations line.
- The GPS guarantee only applies to Avis direct and Avis preferred customers when a GPS unit is reserved as part of a vehicle rental that is prepaid or paid on collection and booked directly through a direct Avis website or partner microsite, telephone bookings via the reservation hotline or station.
- The Avis GPS guarantee only applies at the following Airport locations – London Heathrow (Northrop Road rental station, Terminal 2 and Terminal 5 rental station), London Gatwick, London City, London Luton, London Stansted, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness and Leeds/Bradford.
- Due to reasons beyond our reasonable control we may still be unable to provide a GPS unit (e.g. where you attend our rental station outside our opening hours, where our rental station is closed on your arrival, where you opt to collect from a different rental station etc…)
- Where, for any reason, we are unable to provide you with the GPS unit you may be entitled to a full refund of the price charged for renting that GPS unit. A refund can be made by speaking to the rental agent at the counter who will process the refund or by sending an email to Customer.Service@avis.co.uk. Please include the reservation number and/or rental agreement number. A refund is not possible if you cancel your booking with Avis or fail to meet our minimum rental requirements.
- We reserve the right to amend or terminate this offer.