Avis Breakdown Assistance
You're not alone
Accidents and breakdowns happen – though thankfully not often. Everyone who hires a vehicle from Avis receives a basic level of roadside assistance to help in times of need.
Should you have any mechanical difficulties, we will get you back on the road as quickly as possible.
What's included in Breakdown Assistance?
For complete peace of mind, we provide a 24-hour breakdown and roadside assistance service. Wherever you are in the world, be assured that we're working with one of the leading motorist assistance firm in that country. You'll receive a toll-free number for them when you pick up your car.
What if I have an accident?
- Call the Breakdown Assistance number – listed here.
- If necessary, immediately contact the police in case of third party liability and/or the emergency services if anyone is injured.
- Remember not to leave the vehicle without making sure it is secure.
- Write down names and addresses of all people involved and any witnesses; never admit liability.
- Fill in the accident form included in your rental papers.
- Please do not have the car repaired without our prior and formal approval.
What happens if I break down or need help on the road?
In the UK
Avis provides free 24-hour roadside assistance for your hire car anywhere in the UK. Just call the free phone number provided on your rental document - listed here.
Outside the UK
Please check with the staff at the rental station to confirm what breakdown or accident assitance is available. Avis provides free 24-hour Breakdown Assistance in case of a breakdown or accident involving your hire car anywhere.
Avis Roadside Safety Net
In addition to the standard Breakdown Assistance included with your rental, for just £3.48 a day, our Avis Roadside Safety Net service deals with mishaps such as flat batteries or locked-in keys.
Receive complete support for non-mechanical issues – with no call-out charges.
- Tyre Assistance. We will replace a flat or damaged tyre with the spare or provide a tow to the nearest service facility (replacement tyre costs are an additional charge unless you have also purchased a package with zero excess reduction on vehicle and tyre damage).
- Flat Battery. If your vehicle experiences battery failure, we will give you a jump start.
- Lock Out Service. We’ll help you gain entry when keys are locked inside the vehicle.
- Fuel Delivery. If you run out of fuel, we will deliver fuel to your location to get you on your way (fuel charges will apply).
The small print
- Avis Roadside Safety Net costs from only £3.48 per day (to a maximum charge of 10 days). To sign up, speak to your Avis agent when collecting your vehicle.
- Prices quoted are for rentals picked up from "Standard" locations. Rentals from "Premium" locations will be higher. Please check the prices during the booking process.
- The basic level of roadside assistance outlined above applies to rentals collected across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, with the exception of Denmark and Oman (outside of the capital Muscat).