Car Hire China
Car Hire in ChinaExplore China with Avis
China is one of the oldest civilizations in the world. Its unique and wonderful culture, food, etiquette is incredible to witness and experience.
The Chinese speak Mandarin (Putong Hua, Hanyu, Huayu, Guoyu, standard Chinese) which is based on Beijing Dialect. Book now
Interesting Facts about China
- More bird species live in China than any other place in the world
- Gunpowder was first discovered in China where it was used to create fireworks
- Paper was first invented in China in 105 AD
- China averages 274 protests per day
- Over 4000 babies in China were named "Olympic Games" while the country was getting ready for Beijing 2008
- 200 million people in China live on less than £1 a day
- By 2025, China will build TEN New York-sized cities
- Formally known as the People's Republic of China (PRC), China is the world's most populous country with 1.28453 billion at the end of 2002, one-fifth of the world's total!