Additional Drivers for your car hire
Open up your car rental to a fellow driver
Only the registered driver is covered to drive one of our rental vehicles, but any number of additional drivers can be added to your booking.
Additional drivers must stick to all the same terms and conditions as the main driver and are covered under the same rental agreement.
The most important thing to remember: Every driver must bring along their driving licence when the time comes to collect your hire car. We'll leave you to draw up the driving rota ...
How to book an additional driver
Supplementary drivers can be added during the online reservation process. Once you've selected your vehicle group, you'll be asked to "Choose your extras". Scroll down to the "Free Additional Driver" box to add your first additional driver.
Additional drivers will be charged at £12.99 each, per day, capped at 10 days. Just add any more additional drivers using the "Additional Driver" box.
You can book Additional Drivers online or if you have an existing booking you can add a driver by calling our reservations hotline.
Additional drivers under the age of 25 are subject to a Young Driver Surcharge. Under-25s are also only eligible to drive certain Avis hire cars. These details are made clear during the online booking process, but you can also talk through your requirements on the phone by calling our reservations hotline.
Additional Driver Terms & Conditions
- All additional drivers must meet our age, driving licence and ID requirements, please refer to our full Terms and Conditions for details.
- If any additional driver is outside of our age restrictions, we will also charge a driver surcharge. Please refer to our full Terms and Conditions for information on our age restrictions and surcharges.
- Bookings for Avis Prestige automatically include a free additional driver.
- Additional Driver is available to bookings made through this site, the Avis app, by calling the Avis Reservations Team and in advance at the store directly.
- UK Mainland rental stations. The following locations are excluded: Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands of Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man, and the Isles of Orkney & Shetland.