Car Rental with the Avis Additional Driver option
How to add a driver to your rental car
Simply select your vehicle group during the online reservation process. You'll then be asked to "Choose your extras" where you’ll find the extra driver option. Do you already have a booking? No problem. You can add a driver by calling our reservations hotline.
Check out Avis’ extra car hire services to make your journey amazingly comfortable and pleasant!
How many additional drivers can you add?
Any number of additional drivers can be added to your booking so that you can share the reins.
Note only the registered driver is covered to drive one of our rental vehicles, but additional drivers can be added to your booking so that everyone is covered.
Additional Driver Terms & Conditions
- Second drivers must stick to all the same Terms and Conditions as the main driver and are covered under the same rental agreement.
- All additional drivers must meet our age, driving licence and ID requirements, please refer to our full Terms and Conditions for details.
- If any additional driver is outside of our age restrictions, we will also charge a driver surcharge. Please refer to our full Terms and Conditions for information on our age restrictions and surcharges.
- Bookings for Avis Prestige automatically include a free additional driver.
- Additional Driver is available to bookings made through this site, the Avis app, by calling the Avis Reservations Team and in advance at the store directly.
- UK Mainland rental stations. The following locations are excluded: Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands of Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man, and the Isles of Orkney & Shetland.