CAR HIRE WITH THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY
Travel smarter with Avis
Choose from our range of technology options
Stay on track during any Avis road trip: Mobile Wi-Fi allows you to enjoy the freedom of mobile connectivity in or out of your hire car while our nifty GPS devices will help you find your way no matter how intrepid your adventure.
Or, when renting from certain key locations, you can cover all of your technology needs, and get double the data of our Wi-Fi devices, with our new all in one solution - Avis Travel Companion Tablet.
Just be sure to select the device you need when booking your vehicle online or you can add to an existing booking, by calling our reservations hotline or at the rental counter.
Our Mobile Wi-Fi offers 500MB of wireless internet per day for up to 5 laptops, smartphones, tablets or any other Wi-Fi-enabled device. Enjoy the freedom of mobile connectivity in or out of your hire car, without exorbitant roaming or hotel data charges.
Travelling for business?
Turn your hire car into a mobile office, staying in touch with HQ and your clients on the go. Take a break to answer emails, send sizeable presentations or join a video conference.
Driving with kids in tow?
Keep the little ones entertained on long journeys with cartoons streamed onto a tablet or laptop; older children can stay tuned with their Snapchat and Instagram feeds, stream music, watch videos or play online games.
Getting lost in the great outdoors can be a stressful experience, especially when time is in short supply. Whether you're on home turf or touring abroad, we can help you along the way with quality portable sat nav devices offering turn-by-turn instructions.
"At the roundabout, take the third exit"
Avis car rental offers dependable, easy to use Garmin navigation systems with voice prompts, stocked with helpful features like lane guidance, detailed views of tricky junctions and real-time speed camera alerts.*
Mini guides that talk
Our sat navs are jam-packed with detailed maps of Europe as well as points of interest, like shops, restaurants, heritage sites and attractions – plus nearby hospitals, police stations and petrol stations. You can even unplug your sat nav and use it for pedestrian navigation.
Avis Travel Companion Tablet
The new Travel Companion Tablet comes pre-loaded with everything you need to make your trip as stress-free as possible. No need for multiple devices when you have this nifty little piece of technology.
What you get with Avis Travel Companion Tablet:
- Wi-Fi Hotspot for connecting up to 5 Wi-Fi enabled devices
- Choice of 3 navigation apps including Sygic GPS featuring real-time parking support
- TripAdvisor - the "go to" app to find the best places to eat, visit and stay
- 1GB data per day - enough to browse 300 web pages or watch 4 hours of YouTube videos
- Google Translate and XE Currency converter providing support when away from home
- Eventbrite and TodayTix - complete ticketing solution for local shows/events
The small print
Avis Mobile Wi-Fi
- Available at certain locations across EMEA. Please note, this product is not available to rent in Belgium, Luxembourg or the Netherlands.
- In Europe, Mobile Wi-Fi works across borders.
- The speed camera detection functionality must be turned off when driving in France
- In the UK, Mobile Wi-Fi cannot be booked for One Way Rentals and works in the pick-up country only.
- Mobile Wi-Fi is subject to availability.
- Avis GPS is offered at hundreds of Avis rental stations worldwide and comes in a range of satellite navigation models.
- Please note, this product is not available to rent in Belgium, Luxembourg or the Netherlands.
- Worldwide prices will vary
UK GPS Guarantee
- The GPS guarantee only applies when a GPS unit is reserved as part of a vehicle rental that is prepaid or paid on collection and booked directly through a direct Avis website or partner microsite, telephone booking via the reservation hotline or station.
- The Avis GPS guarantee only applies at the following Airport locations – London Heathrow (Northrop Road rental station, Terminal 2 and Terminal 5 rental station), London Gatwick, London City, London Luton, London Stansted, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness and Leeds/Bradford.
- Due to reasons beyond our reasonable control we may still be unable to provide a GPS unit (e.g. where you attend our rental station outside our opening hours, where our rental station is closed on your arrival, where you opt to collect from a different rental station etc…)
- Where, for any reason, we are unable to provide you with the GPS unit you may be entitled to a full refund of the price charged for renting that GPS unit. A refund can be made by speaking to the rental agent at the counter who will process the refund or by sending an email to Customer.Service@avis.co.uk. Please include the reservation number and/or rental agreement number. A refund is not possible if you cancel your booking with Avis or fail to meet our minimum rental requirements.