|Monday||07:00 - 21:30|
|Tuesday||07:00 - 21:30|
|Wednesday||07:00 - 21:30|
|Thursday||07:00 - 21:30|
|Friday||07:00 - 21:30|
|Saturday||07:00 - 19:00|
|Sunday||08:00 - 22:30|
The embodiment of glamour and sophistication, Paris is a timeless city oozing with indulgence and class. To experience its beauty for yourself, simply collect your Avis hire car from Gare du Nord Train Station and set off to discover the ‘City of Love’.
Which side of the road?
In France, please drive on the right side of the road.
Country driving laws
• Mobile phones may only be used with a hands-free device. Do not use headphones or earpieces
• In towns and rural areas, on minor roads and where there is no clear indication of right of way, it may be prudent to give way to traffic coming from the right (“priorité a droite”)
• Bus lanes are reserved exclusively for buses, taxis and bicycles
• It is recommended that drivers use dipped headlights at all times
All speed signs will be in km/h.
For a standard Avis rental vehicle with no trailer:
• Urban areas: 50 km/h (31 mph)
• Rural areas: 90 km/h (55 mph)
• 4-lane expressways (rural areas): 110 km/h (68 mph)
• Motorways: 130 km/h (80 mph)
Unless indicated by road signs.
Be aware of changes to speed limits displayed on road signs due to adverse weather conditions.
Child safety / Seatbelt laws
• It is compulsory for the driver and all passengers to wear a seatbelt
• Children aged under 10 and weighing less than 36kg must be seated in appropriate child restraint
• Children weighing up to 9 kg must travel in a rear-facing car seat, in the back of the car only
Please note - It is the child’s parent / guardian or vehicle renter’s responsibility to fit the child seat.
This road rules information is for provided for general guidance only. We endeavour to keep the information up to date and accurate, but any reliance you place on this information is at your own risk.