Car Hire Newcastle Airport
Find car rental at Newcastle Airport
Picking up your car hire at Newcastle Airport is easy.
As you walk out of domestic arrivals you will see the Avis desk directly in front of you.
As you come out of the arrivals area turn left and walk straight down the terminal. You will see the car hire desks on the right-hand side.
Newcastle Airport is just a 15-minute drive from the centre of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne.
Arrive at Newcastle Airport, pick up your rental and start your journey through England’s northeast. Brimming with culture, history and gastronomical delights, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne and beyond offers a wealth of sightseeing opportunities easily explored from the comfort of your hire car.
Address & Contact DetailsNewcastle Airport, Woolsington, Newcastle, NE13 8BZ. Tel: 03445446022
|Monday||07:30 - 22:30|
|Tuesday||07:30 - 22:30|
|Wednesday||07:30 - 22:30|
|Thursday||07:30 - 22:30|
|Friday||07:30 - 22:30|
|Saturday||08:30 - 18:30|
|Sunday||08:30 - 22:30|
Where to find car rental in Newcastle
Road rules in United Kingdom
Which side of the road?
In the United Kingdom, please drive on the left side of the road.
Country driving laws
- Mobile phones may only be used with a headset or hands-free device
- Use the outside lane to overtake on motorways and dual carriageways
- There is a congestion charge payable when driving in London
- Zebra crossings (black and white stripes on the road) give pedestrians right of way to cross the road
All speed signs will be in mph.
For a standard Avis rental vehicle with no trailers:
- Urban areas: 30 mph (48 km/h)
- Rural areas: 60 mph (96 km/h)
- Motorways: 70 mph (112 km/h)
Unless indicated by road signs.
Child safety / Seatbelt laws
- It is compulsory for the driver and all passengers to wear a seatbelt
- Children aged under 12 or less than 135cm tall must be seated in an appropriate child restraint for their size
Please note - It is the child’s parent / guardian or vehicle renter’s responsibility to fit the
This road rules information is for provided for general guidance only. We endeavour to keep the information up to date and accurate, but any reliance you place on this information is at your own risk.